Climbing mountains can seem trivial when compared to the task of leaving ones estate.
The holds of inertia and entertainment are not easily severed.
But when one does venture out, the conclusion is consistent: it was worth leaving the couch behind.
So, for your next adventure, enjoy this short incomplete list of rules of the trail:
- Never ask the downhill hikers how far to the top
- Dress in layers
- Bring more water then you think you need
- Hats and sunglasses are for the wise
- If you don’t return a greeting on the mountain, reconsider your standing with humanity
- To love and hate the mountain in the same hike, is to find a good hike
- Pick up after yourself and stay on the trail to preserve it for future generations